13596 U.S. 431, Suite 4 • Hazel Green, AL 35750 • (256) 428-4990
Hours of service: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Dr. Valerie Wright and her staff provide family medicine health care services for adults and children. Dr. Wright is board certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians and has been practicing family medicine for 13 years. She completed her family medicine residency at Botsford General Hospital in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
- annual physicals
- sick visits
- preventive health screenings
- chronic illness management (high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, emphysema)
Office visits are by appointment only. Appointments may be scheduled by contacting the clinic at (256) 428-4990. Be prepared to provide:
- Current insurance information
- Mailing address
- Daytime/evening/cell phone numbers
On the day of your appointment, please allow time for registration. In addition, please bring the following items to your appointment:
- Current insurance card and photo identification
- Current medications or a complete list of medicines with doses, including all over-the-counter medications, herbs and vitamins
- Method of payment
To cancel an appointment, please notify the clinic at least 24 hours in advance. This is an important courtesy to others waiting to schedule an appointment.
Immunizations and injections
Visits for immunizations or injections only do not require a regular appointment with the physician. However, please call us at least one day in advance so we can make sure to have adequate supplies and staff to assist you.
Refills should be requested during regular office visits. Please allow 72 hours for refills to be completed. Your options for refills outside of office visits include:
- Local pharmacies: You may call the pharmacy directly and request that a refill request be faxed to the clinic.
- Mail-order pharmacies: You may contact the mail-order pharmacy directly and request that a refill request be faxed to the clinic.
- Phone-ins: When contacting the clinic directly, please be prepared with the name, dosage and frequency of the required medication.
- Controlled substances: Narcotics or sedative refills must be approved by your physician and may not be filled by the on-call physician.
Medication refills will not be called in outside of normal business hours.
Most insurance policies are accepted including Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare and Blue Cross/Blue Shield.