Huntsville Hospital Maternal Fetal Medicine
Huntsville Hospital Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) provides highly specialized medical evaluation and treatment for women whose pregnancies may come with an increased risk for complications. With a referral from your primary obstetrician, our experienced staff is available to help manage your medical care during pregnancy and provide consultations when needed.
As a clinic specializing in MFM, we understand the concerns and questions that accompany a high risk pregnancy. We encourage you to talk with our staff about your concerns so you can be informed and comfortable with the care we provide.
There are many reasons a patient may be referred to our office. These may include:
- Routine prenatal diagnosis
- Maternal age of 35 and older
- Previous pregnancy complications
- Possible birth defect
- Family history of a genetic condition
- Chronic or acute medical disease such as diabetes, hypertension, autoimmune disease or clotting disorder
- Current obstetric condition such as short cervix, preterm labor or abnormal placenta
- At the request of your OB/GYN upon admission to the hospital with pregnancy complications
Services provided by Huntsville Hospital Maternal Fetal Medicine are covered by most insurance plans. Please call your insurance provider if you have any questions about your policy.
910 Adams St., Suite 100
Huntsville, AL 35801
New patient packet
Margaret F. Carter, M.D., M.Sc., F.A.C.O.G.
Dr. Carter is double board certified in MFM and OB/GYN and has completed a fellowship in MFM. She leads a team of clinical specialists including registered nurses and a registered medical sonographer specializing in high risk pregnancy scans.