Madison Medical 1, 1041 Balch Road, Suite 350 • Madison, AL 35758
Blackwell Medical Tower, 201 Sivley Road, Suite 330 • Huntsville, AL 35801
(256) 265-5951 • Fax: (256) 265-5952
Hours of service: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The team at North Alabama Surgical Associates treats patients of all ages with general surgical procedures. Our surgeons are intentional in explaining procedures and treatment plans so patients and their family members feel involved in their care.
Douglas Downey, MD, FACS, completed his medical degree at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, his internship at Keesler Medical Center and his residency at Wright State University Hospital. He previously served as general surgeon at Eglin Air Force Base.
Matthew Hunt, MD, FACS, completed his medical degree at the University of Mississippi School of Medicine, and his internship and residency at the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
Caroline Schreeder, MD, completed her medical degree at the University of Texas Medical School in Houston and her residency at Louisiana State University in Shreveport.
Marc Zelickson, MD, completed his medical degree at University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine and his residency at Greenville Health Systems in Greenville, SC.
- Breast surgery
- Appendix surgery
- Hemorrhoid surgery
- Bowel obstruction
- Colon & rectal cancer surgery
- Hernia repair - inguinal, ventral, incisional, umbilical
- Laparoscopic and robotic inguinal & ventral hernia repair
- Gallbladder surgery- laparoscopic, open and robotic
- Melanoma/Nonmelanomatous skin cancer surgery
- Vascular access for chemotherapy
- Anti-reflux surgery
- Small bowel resection
- Abscess drainage
- Anal fistula/anal fissure
- Colostomy/Ileostomy reversal
- Diverticular disease surgery
Office visits are by appointment only. Appointments may be scheduled by contacting the clinic at (256) 265-5951. Be prepared to provide:
- Current insurance information
- Mailing address
- Daytime/evening/cell phone numbers
On the day of your appointment, please allow time for registration. In addition, please bring the following items to your appointment:
- Current insurance card and photo identification
- Current medications or a complete list of medicines with doses, including all over-the-counter medications, herbs and vitamins
- Method of payment
- Completed new patient packet
To cancel an appointment, please notify the clinic at least 24 hours in advance. This is an important courtesy to others waiting to schedule an appointment.
Most insurance policies are accepted including Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare and Blue Cross/Blue Shield.