Palliative Care provides relief from distressing symptoms including pain, shortness of breath, fatigue, constipation, nausea, loss of appetite, problems with sleep and many other symptoms.
Care is delivered by a team of specialists that may include doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, social workers, chaplains, dietitians and counselors.
Highlights of our program
- Expert treatment of pain and symptoms
- Open discussions about the patient’s illness
- Treatment choices and symptom management
- Communication and coordination of care with all health care providers
- Emotional and spiritual support for the patient and family
- A smooth transition from the hospital to outpatient services
Most insurance plans cover all or part of palliative care, just as they would for other medical services. Medicare and Medicaid also typically cover palliative care. If you have concerns about the cost of treatment, a social worker from our team can help you.
For more information, speak with your health care provider.
Palliative Care Services
Blackwell Medical Tower, Suite 2
201 Sivley Road
Huntsville, AL 35801