Palliative Care provides relief from physical, emotional and spiritual distress symptoms associated with chronic/serious illness. Care is provided with a holistic approach and is focused on treating the burden of illness.
Care is delivered by a team of interdisciplinary specialists that may include doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, social workers, music therapists, chaplains and dietitians.
Highlights of our program
- Expert treatment of pain and symptoms
- Open discussions about the patient’s illness
- Conversations to better understand goals of care
- Communication and coordination of care with all health care providers
- Emotional and spiritual support for the patient and family
- A smooth transition from the hospital to outpatient services
- Music Therapy
- Chaplain Services
- Child Life Services
- Compassionate Pet Visitation Policy
- The Interfaith Chapel, located on the first floor, is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Our Huntsville Hospital Bereavement Program provides comfort, support and follow up for families who have lost a loved one in our facility.
Most insurance plans cover all or part of palliative care, just as they would for other medical services. Medicare and Medicaid also typically cover palliative care. If you have concerns about the cost of treatment, a social worker can assist you.
For more information, speak with your health care provider.
Palliative Care Services
101 Sivley Road
Huntsville, AL 35801