- Outpatient Cardiology Clinic: diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease; consultation and follow up of new and established patients, EKG, stress test, stress echo test, echocardiogram, carotid and vascular ultrasound, cardiac event detector and pacemaker check.
- General Internal Medicine: understanding and considering all of your medical issues; managing all aspects of adult patients’ general health care; diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses including viral and bacterial infections, COPD, asthma, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, diabetes, arthritis, gastrointestinal problems.
- Health maintenance including preventive medicine, adult immunizations, risk factor modification, smoking cessation, periodic screenings with complete physical and women’s health (pap smear; referral for bone densitometry and mammograms) and screening for cardiovascular disease.
- On site laboratory, digital X-rays, spirometry, EKG, cryotherapy and skin biopsy.
Office visits are by appointment and may be scheduled by contacting the clinic at (931) 468-2102. Every effort will be made to accommodate same day sick visits. Be prepared to provide:
- Current insurance information
- Mailing address
- Daytime/evening/cell phone numbers
On the day of your appointment, please allow time for registration. In addition, please bring the following items to your appointment:
- Current insurance card and photo identification
- Current medications or a complete list of medicines with doses, including all over-the-counter medications, herbs and vitamins
- Method of payment
To cancel an appointment, please notify the clinic at least 24 hours in advance. This is an important courtesy to others waiting to schedule an appointment.
Immunizations and injections
Visits for immunizations or injections only do not require a regular appointment with the physician. However, please call us at least one day in advance so we can make sure to have adequate supplies and staff to assist you.
Refills should be requested during regular office visits. Please allow 72 hours for refills to be completed. Your options for refills outside of office visits include:
- Local pharmacies: You may call the pharmacy directly and request that a refill request be faxed to the clinic.
- Mail-order pharmacies: You may contact the mail-order pharmacy directly and request that a refill request be faxed to the clinic.
- Phone-ins: When contacting the clinic directly, please be prepared with the name, dosage and frequency of the required medication.
- Controlled substances: Narcotics or sedative refills must be approved by your physician and may not be filled by the on-call physician.
Medication refills will not be called in outside of normal business hours.
Most insurances are accepted including Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare and Blue Cross/Blue Shield.