Come get your groove on at this year’s Senior Expo, presented by the Huntsville-Madison County Senior Center.
Tuesday, Sept. 20 • 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. • South Hall at Von Braun Center
Admission is free.
Free health screenings offered by Huntsville Hospital.
Be sure to stop by the Senior Horizons table and enter to win a special prize.
Our senior program provides a wide range of social activities including group lunches and travel, as well as free health seminars and special discounts. We are committed to providing beneficial resources to men and women ages 55 years and older.
Join now and enjoy the benefits that come with age!
- Free copy of Source magazine, which includes a special section dedicated to our members and features special events, monthly activities, health seminars and travel opportunities.
- Discounts on monthly membership fees at our Wellness Centers, the region’s premier health and wellness program. Call (256) 265-9355 for rates.
- Discounts on a variety of healthy food choices at our Main cafeteria. The cafeteria serves breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.
- Affordable long-distance tours hosted by professional tour agencies and day travel hosted by the Senior Horizons coordinator. All travel destinations are listed in Source and full itineraries are available in the Senior Horizons office.
- Group Luncheons (dates and locations listed in Source)
- Tasty Tuesday – Sometimes catered, sometimes potluck-style and always on Tuesday, this is a quarterly luncheon for all members to enjoy.
- Lunch Bunch – The second Tuesday of each month, members have the opportunity to try out area restaurants while enjoying the company of friends.
- Annual picnics – This potluck-style picnic is offered twice a year and is the best way to couple good food with the great outdoors.
- Free photocopying service at the Senior Horizons office during office hours.
- Free valet parking at Huntsville Hospital Main for members 65 years and older (Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 6 p.m.). Please contact our office for information on parking rules and regulations.
Senior Horizons volunteers support hospital staff by delivering magazines to patients, assisting with clerical projects and supporting special events.
Our Sew Healing volunteers also meet every Monday morning to make therapeutic pillows for cardiac patients, newborns in the NICU, pediatric patients, patients recovering from abdominal surgeries, orthopedic injuries and mastectomies, and oncology patients. Nearly 100,000 pillows have been given to patients since the program’s inception in 2001.
Click to view upcoming events and travel information from Source magazine.