No other hospital in the region can match the experience, technology and the specialized care of our emergency services department. We provide the area's only Trauma program and Pediatric ER, MedFlight air ambulance service, and fast track care for minor emergencies.
Why Choose Huntsville Hospital's Emergency Services?
- As North Alabama's Regional Referral Center, we are the number one choice for other hospitals.
- We provide the region's most comprehensive emergency program.
- We provide the region's only state designated Level I Trauma center.
- We are home to the only Pediatric ER in the region.
- Our program is driven by compassion, not speed. We commit to provide you the best possible care in the most efficient manner.
- We are easily accessible with designated parking for the ER. We have courtesy guides at each door, ready to help you as soon as you arrive.
- We are always here, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We provide care to everyone, regardless of insurance status.
- We have Radiologists on staff 24-hours a day, that means your diagnostic tests will be read immediately. At other facilities, patients may have testing done at any time, but it must wait to be read the following morning.
- We provide 24-hour Ultrasound coverage. Other hospitals call in certain specialists (like ultrasound technologists) if a patient needs an ultrasound test. We have the staff standing by to care for you. This helps expedite your care and reduce the length of time you are in the ER.
- We have the only ER Stat Lab. Our ER has its own lab so that your tests can be processed quickly usually in less than one hour. Other hospitals have to send ER patient tests through normal laboratory channels that often require longer turnaround times.
- We have a pain free philosophy towards ER care and work to keep you as comfortable as possible.