HealthGroup Of Alabama
In 1995 three health care authority hospitals met to determine strategic areas in which they might work together to improve healthcare in north Alabama. HealthGroup of Alabama (HGA) was formed to serve these collaborative undertakings. HGA has grown to include five health care authorities with eight hospitals, 2,077 licensed beds and over 10,000 employees.
HGA member hospitals are:
- Athens-Limestone Hospital
- Decatur General Hospital
- Huntsville Hospital
- Helen Keller Hospital
- Marshall Health System
HGA's strategic initiatives include:
- Laundry Services
- A state of the art, computerized laundry located in Madison, Alabama provides laundry services for all HGA hospitals, processing approximately 10,000,000 pounds of clean linen annually.
- Occupational Health Group
- With clinics in Decatur, Madison and Huntsville, OHG provides high quality occupational health care to business and industry in North Alabama. Over the past 15 years, OHG has provided the highest quality occupational health, workers' compensation injury treatment and wellness services to over 2,000 employers in the north Alabama and southern Tennessee areas.
- Best Start Maternity Care Program
- The Best Start Maternity Care Program provides pre-natal, delivery and postpartum services to Medicaid recipients in ten counties in north Alabama.
- Supply Chain Management
- By working together our member hospitals are able to negotiate as an integrated delivery network for goods and services to yield significant cost savings not available to the hospitals as single entities.