Our program builds on the foundation set by the Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children two-stage hearing screening program and follows the guidelines established by the Joint Committee on Infant Hearing (JCIH).
- Inpatient and outpatient hearing evaluations
- Frequency-specific Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) testing with or without sedation
- Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE)
- Tympanometry, including parameters appropriate for both infants and children
- Acoustic Reflex Threshold testing
- Ototoxic monitoring
- Cochlear implant programming and post-operative management
- Evaluation and monitoring of children using hearing aids
- Family counseling regarding hearing loss and resources
- Auditory-Verbal Therapy Services
For more information, please call (256) 265-7952.
Our team is committed to early identification and treatment of hearing loss in our community.
View Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) Guidelines.
View an article on newborn hearing screening from Healthy Children, Summer 2010, by Tiffani Hill-Patterson.