At Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children, the family is encouraged to participate in the care of the new baby. We believe there are special opportunities in the first hours and days following birth to facilitate bonding and lasting memories.
Our Mother/Baby staff
is readily available to address your concerns as well as guide and assist you in the routine care of your newborn.
In addition to the personalized education provided by our nursing staff, parents have access to the Newborn Channel, available on all televisions in the Mother/Baby Unit. This channel of special video programming is on 24-hours-a-day and enhances a family's education on parenting and caring for a newborn.
Amenities Available for Mother & Baby:
- 49 private rooms & private baths
- Sofa bed for dad or significant other
- Two well baby nurseries
- Opportunity for baby to stay in room
- Free hearing screens for all infants
- TV, VCR & DVD
- Infant Security System
- Free Wireless Internet Access (bring your own lap top)
- Breastfeeding Support
- Access to Newborn Channel
- Baby's First Months Video