Stem Cell Transplant program
In cooperation with Clearview Cancer Institute, Huntsville Hospital offers the most aggressive cancer treatment in the area with autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplant.
During this process, stem cells from the patient are collected, processed, frozen and stored until the time of transplantation. The patient then receives high dose chemotherapy in an attempt to destroy cancer cells. The collected stem cells are reinfused into the patient to rescue the bone marrow from the effects of chemotherapy. Within weeks, the patient's bone marrow and blood cells begin to regrow.
This treatment improves survival for some patients with Multiple Myeloma, Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas, Hodgkin's Lymphoma and other leukemias. Our services are available by physician referral only.
The Stem Cell Clinic is located on the 7th floor MST Unit at Huntsville Hospital Main. Call (256) 265-0763 for more information.
- Imaging Services: (256) 265-9999
- The Breast Center at Huntsville Hospital: (256) 265-7130
- Laboratory Services: (256) 265-2LAB (2522)
- Endoscopy Center: (256) 265-8907
- Center for Lung Health: (256) 265-7071
- Lymphedema management through Therapy Services: (256) 265-7101
- Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO) Therapy: (256) 265-7761
- Wound Care Clinic: (256) 265-3052
- Coumadin Clinic: (256) 265-3012
- Nutritional support: (256) 265-9355
- Pain Center: (256) 265-PAIN (7246)