Blackwell Medical Tower
201 Sivley Road, Suite 210 • Huntsville, AL 35801 • (256) 265-3069
Hours of Service: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Download a new patient packet
Download a new patient packet for pregnant patients
Our Diabetes Control Center provides comprehensive care to help patients manage their diabetes. We counsel patients with all forms of diabetes (Type 1, Type 2, gestational diabetes and hypoglycemia); provide education on the importance of nutrition, exercise, medications and self-monitoring blood glucose; and offer group support classes.
Enrolling at the Diabetes Control Center is by physician referral only. Download the referral form and patient information packet. Be sure to obtain your hemoglobin A1C level for insurance coverage.
Certified diabetes educators assist with:
- Self-monitoring of blood glucose (meter use)
- Blood glucose data management
- Sick day/complications
- Foot and skin care
- Carbohydrate counting
- Insulin injection
- Insulin pump therapy
Tips for your first visit to the Diabetes Control Center:
- Check with your insurance for coverage of our services.
- Bring a list of your daily medications.
- If you presently have a blood glucose testing kit, bring it with you.