For more than 25 years, our patients have experienced the highest level of cardiac care. Our Cardiovascular program provides the latest, most effective technology and experienced physicians and staff.
We put our heart into caring for yours and measure our success by patient outcomes. We continually strive to achieve improvements in quality and patient safety by benchmarking our clinical excellence alongside top-rated hospitals nationwide. By participating in database studies such as the Society of Thoracic Surgeons and American College of Cardiology, we're empowered to implement the most efficient and effective methods for optimal patient outcomes.
Our Cardiovascular team is committed to staying on the forefront of quality heart care with tools and techniques that rival any major facility in the nation.
- Five catheterization labs
- Three cardiac intensive care units
- Six dedicated nursing units for cardiac care
- Critical Care transport vehicle equipped to transport acutely-ill cardiac patients
- More than 900 staff professionals devoted to cardiac care
- 24/7 coverage by cardiologists
- 24/7 case management services
- 24/7 Heart Alert Team to fast track acutely-ill cardiac patients
- Clinical staff certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Two electrophysiology (EP) labs
Cardiac Rehabilitation is a 12-week, medically supervised, exercise and education program to enhance the recovery of the cardiac patient. This reconditioning program includes monitored exercise 3 days a week. Patients must be referred by their physician to participate.
Most insurance plans recognize the importance of participation in a cardiac rehab. Upon diagnosis of the cardiac problem or after discharge from the hospital, call Cardiac Rehab at (256) 265-7143 to schedule an appointment for orientation.
Heart Failure Clinic
The Heart Failure Clinic is an outpatient facility with specialized nurse practitioners, registered nurses, a pharmacist, dietitian and other personnel who work with your physician to help you take control of heart failure. A physician referral is required and most insurance plans are accepted. For more information, please call (256) 265-6566.
Heart Failure Clinic Services:
- Education for heart failure patients and their families
- Intravenous diuretic therapy, as needed (2, 4 or 6 hours)
Download the Heart Failure Education booklet developed by the Huntsville Hospital Cardiovascular Services team.