Diabetes Control Center
Huntsville Hospital's Diabetes Control Center can:
- Counsel patients with all forms of diabetes (Type 1, Type 2, gestational diabetes, as well as hypoglycemia)
- Educate on the importance of nutrition, exercise, medications and self-monitoring blood glucose
- Classes or individual education is available
Our Certified Diabetes Educators can assist in many different areas:
- Self-monitoring of Blood Glucose (meter use)
- Blood glucose data management
- Sick Day/Complications
- Foot Care/ Skin Care
- Carbohydrate counting
- Insulin injection
- Insulin pump therapy
Enrolling at the Diabetes Control Center:
Tips for your first visit to the Diabetes Control Center:
- Check with your insurance for coverage of our services.
- Bring a list of your daily medications.
- If you presently have a blood glucose testing kit, bring it with you.
Staff is available:
Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
To contact the Diabetes Control Center, call: (256) 265-3069
Blackwell Medical Tower
201 Sivley Road, Suite 210
Huntsville, AL 35801
The mission of the Diabetes Control Center is to empower individuals and their families with the tools needed to manage diabetes and prevent the complications that result from diabetes.
To be the best center for diabetes education in Alabama and to be nationally recognized for excellence