New and improved upgraded nursing pay scale!
- New grad? Receive up to a $3,000 sign-on bonus and $1 added to base hourly rate at first- and second-year anniversaries, in addition to any approved annual merits.
- Experienced RN? We are offering up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus. RNs with a minimum of three years of experience are eligible for float positions with a flat rate pay of up to $40 per hour.
- New grads & experienced LPNs: We are offering up to a $3,000 sign-on bonus plus $0.50 added to base hourly rate after six months of service.
- Experienced LPNs: LPNs with three years of experience or more are eligible for float positions at a flat rate of up to $30 per hour.
Huntsville Hospital is a qualifying employer for the federally administered Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
Earn While You Learn
Transform your classroom experiences into paid, on-the-job training. We provide orientation and coaching to help nursing students succeed as they transition, through all phases of education, to professional practice. Put your education to work with us!
Nurse Residency Program
We offer a 12-month Nurse Residency Program to strengthen your transition from student to professional practice:
- A team of RN educators and coaches supports you from day one on your unit
- Monthly interactive classes on topics proven to strengthen your skills with tools to gather your input and feedback
- Continuing Education credit for license renewal
- Documented completion of the Nurse Residency Program allows direct advancement to Clinical Ladder II opportunities
- Opportunities to network with your peers and develop strong interpersonal relationships
The Shared Governance model for nursing provides structure for staff directly involved in patient care to work collaboratively to influence and make decisions regarding clinical practice. It is an opportunity for your voice to be heard to improve care within our hospital.
- Unit councils meet monthly to discuss successes and complications to foster team-centered problem solving
- Unit council leadership presents their unit’s ideas to a hospital-wide council
- The hospital-wide council effects change to improve health care practices for our patients and families
Our Clinical Recognition programs encourage and thank our exceptional caring, safe and kind nurses. The various recognition programs are celebrated on a regular basis and culminate in a Nurse of the Year award or Care Champion award. The Clinical Ladder program is a point-based leadership recognition program that provides financial recognition to eligible RNs & LPNs.
- Clinical Ladder (annually)
- National Daisy Award (quarterly)
- Care Champion (varies)
- Nurse of the Year (annually)
- "Be Safe. Be Caring. Be Kind." Gold coin award (varies)
Education & Training
Huntsville Hospital provides year-round continuing education, recertification and leadership training opportunities in multiple locations. These include Corporate University (The Dowdle Center) on the Huntsville campus, and the Huntsville Hospital Training Center near the new Trash Pandas stadium.
Provide safe, compassionate, patient-centered care
To be recognized in nursing excellence through quality, teamwork, safety and service
Safety, Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Accountability and Equality