Athletes can’t afford to be sidelined by an injury. Our comprehensive sports medicine team has your back:
- Orthopedic physicians who specialize in sports medicine
- Certified and licensed athletic trainers (ATs) and physical therapists
- Exercise physiologists and registered dietitians
About our Athletic Trainers
Huntsville Hospital ATs are one example of community service in action – our staff provides sports medicine coverage for the majority of high schools in the area at no cost to the schools. Our ATs and physical therapists also serve several of north Alabama’s top professional, collegiate and club/community athletic teams.
For more information call (256) 265-5000.
What we do
Athletic Event Coverage
Under the direction of sports medicine physicians at TOC Sports, Huntsville Hospital ATs provide athletic training coverage at area high school and community athletic events.
Friday Night Injury Clinic
Student athletes and their parents can count on the Friday Night Injury Clinic during the fall sports season. Our Huntsville Hospital Sports Center team is here to provide athletes with specialized care for sports injuries and to give parents peace of mind.
- Located at the Pediatric ER at Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children
- Friday evenings in the fall
- Staffed by certified athletic trainers and TOC Sports physicians
- No appointment is necessary
Specialized Training Programs
Huntsville Hospital Sports Center is a partner in sport-specific training and performance enhancement with TOC Sports.
Preseason physicals are required for all athletes participating in school sports programs. Scheduled physicals will be posted here.
Area athletes and coaches have access to education on sport-specific training, injury prevention techniques and sports nutrition guidelines.