Joint replacement patients need specialized care before and after surgery for the best outcomes. In April 1998, Huntsville Hospital implemented a unique model of care for joint replacement patients. With several thousand Joint Camp graduates and national recognition for quality, more patients trust us with their joint replacement procedures than any other hospital in Alabama.
- Approximately 2,000 elective joint replacement cases annually
- Comprehensive pre-surgery orientation led by former joint replacement patients
- Dedicated patient care unit
- Focused care from specially-trained nurses and therapists
- Group therapy that encourages patients to motivate one another toward recovery
- Assistance selecting the best option for continuing physical therapy after discharge
- Ranked as a "High Performing Hospital" for hip and knee replacements by U.S. News & World Report for 2020-2021
To learn more about Huntsville Hospital’s comprehensive joint replacement program call (256) 265-8343.