All patients scheduled for joint replacement surgery at Huntsville Hospital are strongly encouraged to attend Joint Camp Orientation.
Joint Camp Orientation is held every Monday at 9:30 a.m. and again at 1:30 p.m. on the 4th floor of the Huntsville Hospital Orthopedic & Spine Tower (200 Sivley Road). For those who prefer to complete their orientation remotely, we offer a conference call option the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month starting at 9:30 a.m. To register, please select a date from the calendar below.
Our FREE Joint Camp Orientation class is held before your surgery. Classes are taught by nurses and clinical staff and cover many important topics, including:
- Patient and caregiver (coach) role in the program
- Therapy exercises to start prior to surgery
- Routine and activities during your hospital stay
- Anesthesia options for surgery
- Therapy options after leaving the hospital (home is the best place to return after surgery)
- Equipment and/or supplies to assist with recovery
- Details about life after joint replacement
- Information on medications, clothing and special needs
- Getting to know other patients going through Joint Camp
Register for an orientation class below