The Perioperative 101 Program, a formal education program developed by the Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN), prepares registered nurses for careers in the operating room. This course is offered to RNs and new graduates. New graduates are required to have an RN temporary permit prior to passing National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX). A two-year contract is required for participating in the program. This six-month program provides nurses with clinical education to practice in the role of
circulator in the operating room. If selected for this program, students are considered full-time (36 hours/week) Huntsville Hospital employees.
See more information about the Perioperative Nurse role:
- What is perioperative nursing?
- AORN Periop 101 Testimonials
- Learn more about this field "Behind the Mask"
How to apply
- Application for Classes Currently Open
- Upcoming Program Dates*:
- June 13, 2022 - September 30, 2022
- August 22, 2022 - December 8, 2022
*Information is subject to change.