Huntsville Hospital’s Pharmacy Technician Training Program (PTTP) is a full-time, 10-week program combining classroom instruction with practical experience for individuals interested in becoming an entry-level pharmacy technician. The program is conducted in conjunction with TRC Healthcare's Pharmacy Technicians University. All classes are conducted in Huntsville at either the Dowdle Center or on one of our health system campuses.
Students selected to participate in the program are paid during their training period. Huntsville Hospital covers all other costs of the program. Students successfully completing the program are required to work at Huntsville Hospital as a pharmacy technician for 18 months if offered a position. Program graduates are required to pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam after the completion of the program.
While the program’s training sessions are primarily during day shift hours (7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.), some evening training sessions will be required to familiarize students with the various activities that are performed throughout the day. Available shifts for program graduates may include days, evenings and nights.
Huntsville Hospital offers pharmacy technician positions in a variety of practice settings:
- Inpatient Care
- Central Pharmacy at Huntsville Hospital, Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children and Madison Hospital
- Sterile Products Preparation
- Retail Pharmacy
- Traditional retail pharmacy setting
- Mail-order pharmacy
- Transitions of Care (medication histories)
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to this program, please fill out an online application (Job category: Training Programs; Keyword: Technician Student).
After applying online, please fill out this form that includes the following information:
- Letter stating why you are interested in this program and why you would make a good candidate
- Name and contact information for three references (job or school references preferred)